Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

Can a employer search my medical records prior to ring, if I

Customer Question

Can a employer search my medical records prior to hiring, if I apply at a hospital can they look at my records from that hospital?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

They are allowed to do so if you sign a release form allowing them to access the medical records. Otherwise they aren't supposed to access them at all as it would be a violation of HIPAA.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
If your question has been answered completely then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.
Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.