Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was on NJ temporary disability months. I went back to work

Customer Question

I was on NJ temporary disability for six months. I went back to work on July 13,instead of a forty hour work week they cut my hours to twenty four hours a week.the name of the company is Jersey Microwave LL C. Can they do that..
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Could you explain a little more?
What reason did they give you for cutting your hours?
Are they doing that to everyone in your department?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I returned To Jersey Microwave I gave them my doctors release to work. There was no labor restrictions, nor physical.
I am an associate electronic engineer, most of my work is done sitting down. The CEO said he was concerned about my ability
to perform my job, a job I was doing for over 35 years in the same industry.As for pay nobody in the company has had there pay cut, All employees are working 40 hrs. Except myself I work 24 hrs.
and do not receive any benefits. Since I was hired full time 40 hrs.a week before I became ill. I would like to know my options.Best regards,
John V. Marshall
Thank you for the information Mr. Marshall:
to perform my job, a job I was doing for over 35 years in the same industry.
As for pay nobody in the company has had there pay cut, All employees are working 40 hrs. Except myself I work 24 hrs.
and do not receive any benefits. Since I was hired full time 40 hrs.a week before I became ill. I would like to know my options.
Best regards,
John V. Marshall

Your initial post:
Response: You need to file discrimination complaint against the company with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or New Jersey Division on Civil Rights. Click on the links below for the complaint process:
http://www.nj.gov/oag/dcr/filing.html
http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm
You are being illegally discriminated against for perceived disability issue.