How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2578
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a signed contract position with a school district. I

Customer Question

I have a signed contract for a position with a school district. I am being told that I will be moved from that position to another position that I am not qualified for (from a curriculum director to a technology coordinator with no loss of salary this school year) due to restructuring. My signed contract is for the director position. Can I be moved? My contract states that the contract may be cancelled for "....cause, including unsatisfactory work performance, incompetence, insubordination, physical or mental inability to perform the requested duties or for any other good and just cause." If I am not qualified to perform the duties of the new position is that "good and just cause"?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Transferring you into a new position is not good..just cause. Perhaps contesting the move may generate a good result. But if the position is no longer available, there is no better alternative than working in the new position that has been offered. You could press the issue to see if there is any opportunity in a job similar to the one you thought you were going to receive.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rat my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Related Employment Law Questions