Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have a ADA pending status with my current employer. They

Customer Question

I have a ADA pending status with my current employer. They have asked for additional information from the corporate office. My local manager hiding behind local HR has requested me to submit to my doctor a copy of my required duties of my position along with my alledged failed PIP which is imbalanced. I was threatened if I don't have it back to them by August 7th, this Friday they will persue other measures.
I have diagnosed with Lupus with cognitive impairements. This causes memory problems, difficulty in composing thoughts, sometime confusion. All of these condition are magnified by high stress levels. Can I ignore my local hr and management? Is it ilegal?
Thank you
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is what illegal?

Also, what do you mean by PIP?