Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am a manager at Costco. I had two employees lodge an

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** am a manager at Costco. I had two employees lodge an official complaint against me. They got my warehouse manager involved. First complaint was by Lauren one day I was telling Lauren a story about a friend of mine that decided to become a teacher later in her life she decided to teach in the Cincinnati public schools quote to teach the ghetto babies to become outstanding adults when they grow up. The other complaint is by Laura she went and got 7 new members to sign up at a company but she failed to collect the money for the membership fee. I told her she's going to have to get Guido to collect the money. Both of my employees were offended by the ghetto babies and Guido term that I used. That is why they complained to the warehouse manager about me. Do they have a legal right to possibly affect my employment status with Costco?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If they were "offended" by your comments, they have a right to make a complaint. Generally,when such complaints are made employer company policy is followed. So you need to re visit your employee handbook to see how such work place matters are handled by Costco. It is possible on an incident of this nature that the company will mandate you attend some sort of "Sensitivity" training