Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was terminated from my job and I trying to find out how do

Customer Question

i was terminated from my job and I trying to find out how do I removed unfavorable employee from the early fraud warning. I was terminated because I took some salad from the cafeteria and some soda.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was terminated from my job and I trying to find out how do I removed unfavorable employee from the early fraud warning. I was terminated because I took some salad from the cafeteria and some soda. I was informed that i need to write a dispute letter but i don't know how to word the letter
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you actually commit the act that they terminated you for? What was your reason for doing so? Did you intend to not pay for the items?
Please explain the situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the act was commited. I was trying to saved some money. I know it was wrong. I took two salad and a total of four fountain drinks. I won't to if I'm able to dispute the early fraud warning background stating unfavorable employee. I know what I did was a misdemeanor and not fraud..
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid that it is fraud to steal or take something that does not belong to you though. It is also up to the employer to deem you unfavorable or not to rehire based on the actions, not up to any state laws.
So you would have to write a letter to the employer explaining why you committed the offense and that you know it was wrong, but I am afraid you are not telling us anything that really could save you with the employer and make them remove the unfavorable rehire and the early fraud warning, because theft is a form of fraud, as you took something belonging to another with intent to permanently deprive. So unless you can give us more information that could be used to explain the situation and mitigate why you did it, just writing a letter is not going to help I am sorry to say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
I am sorry, but sometimes people have situations that are just very unfavorable under the laws and there is not much that can legally be done.