Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Husband had me sign pension contract before he checked off

Customer Question

Husband had me sign pension contract before he checked off the kind of retirement plan he wanted. He than took the retirement contract to our bank (without me) and had it notarized by someone he knew at the bank. I found out he excluded me after 5 years to get no benefits. We have been married for 25 years together for over 30 yrs. he has had retail retail clerks pension plan for 40 years or so . He gets 2400. A month. He left 2years ago and does not talk to any of us including his 3 kids. He filed for divorce 2 yrs ago. He now is trying to have his attorney send me discovery papers and I try to tell the attorney this is a personal injury estate mostly. If I do not comply I am at risk of paying 1200 dollars to his attorney..
I want an attorney only to help advise on signing the final papers and have been requesting the draft papers for months...
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a legal seeking questions site? If you can not give a legal answer that I am paying for than let a pension attorney answer it?.
To answer.
In order for us to answer a question a customer must ask a question. You have not asked a question above, you posted a set of facts and made a statement you want an attorney to help advise on signing the papers, so we have no idea specifically what you want to know, because if you do not tell us specifically then we do not know what we need to explain to you.
That is how this site works, by back and forth polite and professional communications between customer and expert and sometimes the expert needs more information and sometimes the customer needs to know more and that requires communication and not insults.