P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11181181

My sister and I have had a very bad story last 5

Customer Question

My sister and I have had a very bad history for the last 5 years....She came into my place of employment Thursday and asked to speak with the manager. Then she asked to speak with him privately, Then informed him that I was a drunk and an alcoholic that
he needed to watch me because I drank on the job. I am on probation still and I was written up with a threatening message to me that they would do a breath test should they suspect anything. I called this little town police department and they said there was
nothing they could do, Is not this harassment in the worst way. She was trying to get me fired....is not this harassment?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.
I agree with you; it sounds like harassment. It also sounds a lot like defamation. Defamation is defined as a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim. If your sister lied about you and those lies harmed your reputation? You can sue her to recover for the harm you suffered.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.