Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

Chairman of the Board just calls me (ED) to terminate executive

Customer Question

Chairman of the Board just calls me (ED) to terminate executive assistance from employment due to insubordination . Chairman states that she gave ADmin Assist directives and employee states that she wants to coordinate any directives with ED before moving forward. Chairman calls and terminate employee for being subordinate, since then the chairman is asking for immediate suspension.
Directon???
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
are you asking if the termination is legal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, if only personality driven??
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
It is legal regrettably as a general rule. The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.
That said if decision violates company policy a claim is possible. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
awaiting your rating/reply.