How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 114135
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my friend's options if she has received a letter of suspension that is base

Customer Question

What are my friend's options if she has received a letter of suspension that is based of misconduct that isn't listed in AR 690-700, Ch 751? She is a Federal employee.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
She has the right to file an appeal with the government entity through the internal appeals process and if she belongs to one of the federal employee unions, she needs to approach them about assisting in her appeal. It is the burden of the military employer to prove claims against the employee to substantiate discipline for fraudulent conduct. There is an internal appeals process which she has to exhaust before she can then go to court if the appeals process does not reverse the suspension.