Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

My son was working temp agency. he would fill out time

Customer Question

my son was working for a temp agency. he would fill out time sheet daily to be faxed to office for payroll. His supervisor never faxed the sheets, and his supervisor has been fired. What does he need to do to get paid for hours worked?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
The first step is just to ask, if they give him any trouble then get a local attorney to send a letter. If that still doesn't work within a day or so then report them to the Department of Labor through the Texas Workforce Commission. One of the first two steps should work but if they don't then the third will. He can also sue, but the Department of Labor will do the same as him filing a lawsuit plus he doesn't have to pay them.