Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am an older professional women, well educated, financially

Customer Question

I am an older professional women, well educated, financially independent. I was "bullied" at work and it has caused me depression, anger and humiliation. It is also causing me to lose my job and career. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me a bit more about how you were bullied? Was it by coworkers or your supervisors / management? Do you know why you were being bullied that way? And to be clear, you have not actually signed any noncompete, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, the daughter of one of the owners of the Company, would invade my privacy by reading my -mails, going through my office, would fabricate lies and tell her Mother (owner) malious lies and unfounded accusations of me mistreating our clients, as well as other outrageous things. I am never allowed to answer or explain anything in regards ***** ***** accusations made against me. I would just be reprimanded?? They would not even tell me why? Everyone believes her, because they are afraid not to. This is just a few things. It really has caused me serious depression and anxiety. If I leave, I will be giving up my benefits, retirement, and job security. What do I do?
Again, I am sorry to hear about that. So you don't feel that you were specifically targeted due to your race, age, religion, gender or disability?
Did you see my follow up question?