Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have been working at this casino in Alabama a year

Customer Question

I have been working at this casino in Alabama for about a year and 7 months, and I am being targeted and harassed by the managers and the main lady in my department and the managers are from my shift (3rd shift -- my time begins at 11:30 pm and ends at 8:00 am). I have been in no real trou le at all until about two months ago, since then I have been written up 4 times in the past two months! --- the harassment started when I would have to go to the bathroom at any time during my shift. There were female managers that would come into the restroom and look under stalls and through the crack of the door, which I made total eye contact with one of the managers while I was wiping my rear....and then there were other times where one of the managers would come into the bathroom and pretty much watch me get dressed (our locker area is connected to the ladies bathroom), I also had two of them at one time come in the bathroom and watch me wash my hands and they made it very clear what they were in there for by leaning on the wall and staring at me the whole time and then announcing so that everyone could hear that I needed to see them in the office when I was done... The harassment has not stopped there, and I even went to HR and they told me to write statements and I did. I bet I wrote about 20 pages front and back making 40 pages of the targeting and harassment that I have been through and it was from when I first started working until now...I just got another three day suspension for me getting hit in the head by a door at work! Which I was passed out for two whole days!!! No one told me to go to the doctor sor that they were scared that I may have a concussion..how was I supposed to know that couldn't go to sleep? After two days of being passed out....I passed out two more times and that's when I got scared and went to the ER! What can I do about this harassment and for sure targeting or bullying?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for bringing your question to JustAnswer. I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask is that you leave a positive rating. It will NOT cost you anything, but it is the only way that JustAnswer gives the Experts credit for assisting customers, Fair enough? I apologize, but we are having some technical difficulty, so you will see the Answer to your question in the box below. I am so sorry to hear about all the trouble yu face at your place of employment. You should not have to be subjected to this harassment and certainly not be watched in the bathroom. You should immediqately report this to the nearest Office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”). When you report this to the EEOC, tell them that you have already reported these acts of the managers to your HR Department, but they have done nothing. You do not have to worry about being fired or of any retaliation by your employer for reporting them to the EEOC because if this happens, the EEOC will immediately imposwe fines and penalties on the employer which will be over and above the penalties for the harassment. Once the EEOC finishes their investigation, they will issue to you a “Right to Sue” letter and you will be able to sue for all that they have put you through. Continue to keep a log, by date, of all the harassment they put you through. Please let me know if you need clarification on anything and I will be glad to explain further, If I have Answered your question, please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will compensate me for my time and effort, Kindest Regards, ANDREA