Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I have a written complaint against me from a BNI member to

Customer Question

I have a written complaint against me from a BNI member to our district manager. I want a copy of the origin document before the membership committee meets and makes a decision. How do I protect myself from getting this rushed judgment without knowing the accusation before hand.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello,you have a right to due process. Demand a copy and time to review.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to make sure you are familiar with BNI for my own peace of mind. We are talking about the referral networking organization called business networking international?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
I am familiar. Attended and know people who run the groups. Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case? I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes and thank you
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if I can clarify anything.