Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I work in a jail kitchen and they havent had running hot water

Customer Question

I work in a jail kitchen and they havent had running hot water for about four-five days. Is that legal?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI suggest that not having hot water in a commercial kitchen is a violation of regulations. And that you should consider contacting OSHA and making a complaint and having the matter investigated. Here is an emergency number 1-800-321-OSHA (6742) Or you can use this link to fill out an online Complaint I suggest the matter is not one of life or death emergency. But should be reported as soon as possible - even if the water is soon repaired.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
There is a place on the form to mark it so that your name is***** to your employer. Be sure that is reviewed at number 14 - in case you want to remain anonymous in this matter