Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Received an "AGENCY'S REQUEST PRODUCTION

Customer Question

Received an "AGENCY'S REQUEST FOR INTERROGATORIES PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS AND REQUEST FOR ADMISSIONS: by and through their attorney, SARA E. AULL, ESQUIRE, and in accordance with 5C.F.R. Section 1201.71 - .85 files the following set of Interrogatories, Request for Admissions and Request for Production of Documents directed to the Appellant, xxxx.
This is a employment/termination case by the VA Hospital in Pittsburgh against a Chinese American Medical Doctor who for 9 years received Outstanding Performance reviews including cash awards and then there was a change in her supervisor, and 18 months later she was terminated for unsatisfactory performance. Her attempt to find an attorney has been unsuccessful thus far. My guess; no experienced law firm wants to go against the VA in Pittsburgh. I'm not an attorney, but I've done a time line of her situation so as to clarify the events. Her documentation is detailed, accurate and complete. IMO, she has a strong and persuasive case against the VA, but she needs experienced and competent legal representation.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question regarding this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A Chinese-American MD who worked for the VA Hospital in Pittsburgh was referred to me to see if I might be able to help her. I'm a retired aerospace engineer/mgr, but I've been successful in helping one other who was wrongfully terminated. I live in Forest, VA, so all my efforts have been by phone and email.She received Excellent Performance Reviews for 9 years, including receiving Cash Awards for Superior Performance. Then her supervisor retired. The new supervisor was extraordinarily rough on her and 18 months later this MD was terminated for cause.Since she was intimidated and traumatized by the whole event and not an attorney, she is handicapped to say the least.She has sought to retain a local/Pittsburgh attorney but so far has been unsuccessful. The one young lawyer who was willing to take on her case demanded $7K contingency up front plus 40% of any monetary awards.It appears to me that local law firms are reluctant to take on the VA Hospital.What I've done for her is to put together a Timeline in great Detail of the Events that led to her being Terminated. The Timeline is accurate and complete and truthful. It's backed up by Documentation. She hasn't presented that to the VA yet.But now the VA has sent her an AGENCY'S REQUEST FOR INTERROGATORIES, PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS, AND REQUEST FOR ADMISSIONS which she has to comply with in 30 days. The document is dated July 21 but was received July 27th.She belongs to the American Federation of Government Employees Union. But so far, I don't see their "heavy hitters/lawyers" becoming involved.She also has filed a grievance before the EEOC. And they have issued a Finding of Fact Report. I suggested that she learn whether she can Respond to that report.Again, I think that this Chinese-American MD need a Law Firm KNOWN for being Expert and very Competent to represent her ASAP.Thus my question is whether someone can assist her in finding such a Pittsburgh Law Firm? [I initially asked her if we could contact a law firm in Harrisburg, PA but she said that it was a*****away.]
Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: Pennsylvania
What have you tried so far?: This is in behalf of a Chinese-American MD who was Terminated for Cause after she received Excellent Performance Reviews but 18 ago was given a new manager who essentially made her life miserable, threatened her, demeaned her, traumatized her, etc. and then terminated her for cause/incompetence. I've done a Detailed Timeline to give the case some perspective and organization. Now I'm trying to help her find a Pittsburgh law firm with a strong reputation in this area of law. BTW, I'm prepared to send this 12 page Timeline to whoever wants to further understand this case -- and perhaps to take it on.
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid that legally we are forbidden from making personal referrals or representing anyone from this site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for a refund of any deposit if you like.