Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I recently was released from my employment due to a false

Customer Question

Hi I recently was released from my employment due to a false positive drug test
Initially I was suspended following an incident with company truck I had a spotter and my spotter backed me into a hydrant. Which neither of us all because of the height of the truck I made the report at the conclusion of my shift and was told that I would be allowed to sleep for 4 hours because I had been up for 20 by this time 5min later. Supervisor arrived at my home and told me I needed to go for a drug test evaluation. The doctor gave me a prescription for in a person which I took at this site then I took the drug test it was tested positive for cocaine the only drugs I should have had in my sister were hydrocodone which I have a prescription for for injuries none of this showed up additional research and found out that a person can give you a false positive I just read your post on that I should have gotten a second drug test I didn't know that then I don't know what my options are now I'm in the state of PA I file for unemployment a month later I'm not concerned that I won't get unemployment because of the false positive on my drug test what can I do do I need to go to a drug Center just prove I'm not using drugs
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
are you able to disprove the results?