Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I was escorting an over dimensional load movement in Illinois

Customer Question

I was escorting an over dimensional load movement in Illinois on Sat 7/25. The load struck an interstate highway bridge. I was the lead escort using a height pole. The trucking company did not report the incident to the police or the DOT. The driver became accusatory about my work, and I fear they will represent that the accident was my fault. Shoud I 1) report the accident to the authorities? 2) get a lawyer involved before any claim is made? I am a retired person with very few assets.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. You should ask employer for status report and ask if intend on reporting it. If not, you should do so. You should have a lawyer involved before reporting it to ensure you are personally protected. martindale.com is a good resource. Kindly rate the answer positively.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
awaiting your reply/rating.