Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I am a physician independent contractor in ohio. The

Customer Question

I am a physician independent contractor in ohio. The company I am working for is doing some things I don't find correct.
The question would be if they can hold my check secondary to my notes not being signed on time ? That is not listed in my contract anywhere. My medical director states they made an addendum. They have made up and changed many rules, before they gave me a couple of weeks to a month. Now they want them in 48hours. Which is very difficult to manage at a high acuity and busy ED.
Regards
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
No basis to hold your checks. It must be paid especially where you dont sign due to issues with their conduct. You should document your complaints, and if not paid may pursue a claim in court and through counsel.