TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My job fired me because I couldn't go back to work how much

Customer Question

My job fired me because I couldn't go back to work how much of a chance do I have if I took my former employer to court?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. What are the circumstances of you taking time off of work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had just returned from basic training (army) with an injury and i couldn't get to the doctors because he was away. I told them that
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. As you probably know, it is illegal to fire a member of the national guard for taking time to attend training, etc. However, it is not illegal for an employer to fire an employee for missing work due to an injury that occurred outside the job, particularly if you are no longer in basic training. Based upon the facts that you shared, it sounds like your chances of winning a lawsuit would not be very good. I am truly sorry that my answer may be bad news for you, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You are quite welcome. I'm sorry that I could not give you better news. I wish you the best.