Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Here's the situation: My partner and I (my wife) had to close our technology company

Customer Question

Here’s the situation: My partner and I (my wife) had to close our technology company over two years ago. I was CEO, my wife was President. We were a corporation and had been in business some 14 years since incorporation. We had over a hundred employees at the time we closed. We had 12 stockholders, one of which had over 50% of the stock; my wife and I together had a bit under 30% of the stock. Stock was issued by our corporate attorney at the time. My wife and I were on payroll like everyone else; we never paid any personal bills through the company, we never co-mingled funds etc.; we were very cautious to keep corporate assets and personal money totally separate. Our salary was per an employment contract authorized in writing by the major stockholder and investor. We kept full corporate minutes etc. All employees and taxes were paid when we closed, but some creditors were not. One of them has just sued the corporation, which ceased doing business over two years ago and has
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me just a bit more information? When the corporation was dissolved, were assets distributed to the shareholders? And, are the shareholders being sued individually. Finally, are you looking for information or are you looking for an attorney to represent you? Thanks.!