Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I need an employment lawyer from PA to help me to

Customer Question

Hello.
I need an employment lawyer from PA to help me to write a letter in response to my workplace.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
What type of letter are you requesting?
What is the situation?
And you understand that while I can help you to draft it, you will be the one sending it - as professionals on this site are precluded from representing a customer of this site. We do not represent or give advice, but only information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am a psychiatrist who was out on FMLA for six weeks sickleave within the last three months. I then missed nine days in the last two weeks, uncovered by FMLA, though I have a doctor's note. My boss called me today to say that I can no longer take unpaid leave, which I had been toldby HR means that if I take another day off without sick leave means they would call me AWOL and can fire me. Then I get a letter from my boss (which he didn't discuss with me today). You should know there are supposed to be four psychiatrists, due to quittings and the other folks being on sick leave for the last six months, I am the only full time psychiatrist there covering for four people. My boss in his letter states that I may "not be fulfilling all duties expected of a provider" in that I might not be
a. providing coverage for crises including walk in of patients who typically see another psychiatrist. that is a lie, I see every patient people bring me unless I am in with another patient. However, as the only psychiatrist covering for four people I cannot see everybody.
b. proving coverage for medication refills to include refill requests and prescriptions for patients by other providers. Now, I had discussed with this same boss about three months ago, that the other providers were not prescribing safely, sometimes prescribing med combinations that could be lethal or were against policy, and he told me that I should use my own judgment as a doctor and not prescribe the meds if I felt it was unsafe. Otherwise, I fill every single medication that comes across my desk.
He also sent me as part of this letter another note tht when I call out sick, I have to leave a voicemail to a certain person at least two hours after the beginning of my shift, and I always call more than an hour before. COuld you help me with this?
Thank you.
Xxxxxx Xxxxxxxe, MD
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hell MeganI apologize, but I am not going to be able to help you with this to your satisfaction. It appears your employer is correct. An Employer does not have to grant an FMLA request if it is going to present hardship to the employer - which it appears your absence does since you are the only full time doctor, currently. So I am going to opt out and maybe a different professional here can help draft a letter. Your deposit will remain in tact. Good luck