TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My boss refuse to put AC in van years when I told him

Customer Question

my boss refuse to put AC in van for 2 years when I told him it was unacceptable and I've had enough he said find another job then I quit he immediately had then taking to shop for the next technician on in Oklahoma it gets 150 degrees in the attic and heat stroke is real I felt endanger
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. However, I am currently unavailable for a phone call. If you are only interested in a phone call, then please let me know and I'll opt out. But if you would like to continue in this forum format, then please let me know what legal information you are seeking. Also, how are the van and attic related? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The attic and the van ar both unbearably hot. When the news said HEAT ADVISORY stay inside they definitely aren't recommending to go into a 150 deg. Attic and when they say take frequent breaks in ac to cool body tempature down that isn't an option for me. And after I quit they put van in the shop to get fixed. And refused to pay my earned vacation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. Your former employer owes you pay for the unused vacation, but only if making such payments is already the employer's policy. In other words, if the employer has a "use it or lose it" policy with regard to vacation, then the employer is not obligated to pay. So, the answer with regard to that depends on the employer's policy. If the policy has always been that employees are paid for unused vacation, then he can't change the policy simply because he's angry with you. You have two options for pursuing the money, and I would use option 1 first:(1) File a wage claim with the Department of Labor. The form is located here: http://goo.gl/3Mw1JzIf that doesn't work, then you can use option 2.(2) Sue the former employer in small claims court. As for the van and the attic, I'm not sure what you're asking there. Since you no longer work there, it no longer seems relevant whether the employer is obligated to provide a/c. Simply put, it's not your problem anymore ... it's the problem of whoever still works there. Accordingly, I wouldn't concern myself with it. If you're asking whether your former employer owes you some sort of compensation for the times that you worked without a/c, then I'm sorry to say that the answer is no. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.