Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I was an at will employee and was texted my release evening

Customer Question

I was an at will employee and was texted my release evening of July 14, 2015 at 8:58 pm that I am being terminated. To date I have not received my final pay.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. According to Alaska Stat. 23.5.140, an employer must pay a terminated employee their final earned wages within three working days. According to subsection (D) of that same law, if an employer fails to make a timely payment of an employee's final earned wages, "the employer may be required to pay the employee a penalty in the amount of the employee's regular wage, salary, or other compensation from the time of demand to the time of payment, or for 90 working days, whichever is the lesser amount." Your recourse is to file a wage claim with the Alaska Dept. of Labor. See here for the form you need to get started: http://labor.alaska.gov/lss/forms/wageclaim.PDF I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.