Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have worked hospital in NYC 10 years. I had many head

Customer Question

I have worked for a hospital in NYC 10 years. I had many head battles with the head nurse over her role as RN and my role of NP. 10 years ago I called the state who set ground rules of how a NP should be treated. Well she wrote me up for every little thing she could find. She has since left. Two months ago I got nurse of the month award and a letter to the CEO on patient satisfaction of my care. There have been a few incidences where I screwed up, e.g., walking in the wrong patient room while she was on vacation. Not only when she found out she told the head nurse to write me up but falsified that I was written up for this before which is not true. She has only been there four months and most of the staff are leaving. She went up the ladder to report false things about me. I am scheduled to be terminated at human resources when I return to work. What can I do. I love the hospital I work for. I even told her I would work nights, transfer to a sister hospital, anything but being fired. I am seven years away from retirement and 8 months from graduating from my doctorate of nurse practice. I need help ASAP.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Have you submitted a written refute of the claims against you with the hospital? Does the hospital have an internal grievance process? Do you have any written contract for employment with the hospital or are you an at will employee?