Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

On May 25, 2015, I left a job that I worked at years

Customer Question

On May 25, 2015, I left a job that I worked at for 2 years to work for another company starting out as a receptionist. After 3 days at this position another receptionist was hired to take my place. I was moved to another position as an assistant. I was told I was doing a good job. I was still doing receptionist work and was told many times that I would be given more work and never was. The person that was to train me quit with no notice. A few weeks later another receptionist was hired the same day she was interviewed and the receptionist that took my place was told she was moving into my office. She was always missing work and I had to fill in for her most of time. I never missed work the whole time I was there. Late in the morning on July 9th my boss walked in the office and told me he was letting me go. He never gave me a reason. He just said, "I'll just let it go at that".
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
are you asking if the termination is legal? was there discrimination involved?