LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My husband attempted suicide tonight. Do i tell my job? Will

Customer Question

My husband attempted suicide tonight. Do i tell my job? Will i lose my job? I'm a teacher assistant
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't sleep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's in icu and I'm scared to visit him
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand your concern and I am sorry to hear about your husband and what you are going through. Would you mind sharing with me why you think this would maybe effect your employment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Thank you for your response. I've told my coworkers and families and close friends they all are the best support system. My husband is in icu and is going to the psycharactic ward.
Thank you for the additional information. This should not result in you losing your job, nor do you have an obligation to tell them, unless you want to. This is not something that is related to your employment or something which your employer should fire you over. Now, if you dealing with this could effect your performance at work and you would have to miss time, then you may want to speak with them and advise them of what is going on, so they are understanding. If days of work are missed or you have to leave early, they are likely going to want to know why and I am inclined to believe if you were to speak with them about what is going on, they would work with you. However, if this is not going to impact your job, then you do not have to tell them
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!