Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Someone impersonated a Police officer and sent my employer

Customer Question

Someone impersonated a Police officer and sent my employer a screenshot of a Facebook post where I was describing a fictitious case of compassionate care in a thread on a Page Called Theists, Atheists, Agnostics: Complete free speech forum, a closed, members only group. My employer immediately suspended me without pay and did not verify that the police were in fact not involved and had no knowledge of any investigation. They have placed me on unpaid administrative leave while they find out whether or not I have killed any patients and I was escorted out of the building. They refused to have Human Resources at this meeting and told me that I was not allowed to see HR. I have copies of Tenets Social Media policy and the entire Facebook thread. No one in my town's police department contacted anyone, and they are very concerned that someone impersonated a member of their department. I am beyond devastated.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
What is your legal question for me about the situation you have described?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm
Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to reply 4 times online and it said service unavailable
I do not provide any type of phone calls, so I will opt out of your question at not charge to other JustAnswer.com experts. I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your post. A different professional here, and I am licensed in the state of New Jersey. Do you still require assistance at this time? Please advise!