Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.
7286322

How many days after being harassed and retaliated against do

Customer Question

How many days after being harassed and retaliated against do I have to file a claim. I am still employed but on medical leave and my medical issues were made worst by the retaliation and harassment by 2 supervisors. One of the supervisors has retired. What occurred was I lost a company key and spoke with the president if I would be fired. The president spoke with the head supervisor about his decision and for him not to speak to me anymore about the key. That evening when I was leaving he was waiting on me. He opened the door for me and followed me to the exit. When we got to the exit he blocked my path and asked me why did I go to the president. I told him I though I was going to be fired. His reply was that I knew I would not be fired and continued out of the exit. Following that exchange my work load was cut. My boss gave me one thing to do at month end to print and mail 3 reports. When my supervisor came in he asked if thhe statements had been sent off my response was it was not assigned to me. He went to his office and returned to my desk and asked if I would do the statements Yes Sir was my response. That was just the beginning. This occurred on May 31, 2014.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
An employee may file a complaint with the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission (SCHAC). The complaint must be filed within 180 days per S.C. Code Ann. Section 1-13-90(a) if alleging any discrimination or retaliation.
South Carolina Human Affairs Commission
Post Office Box 4490 ***** Suite 200
Columbia, SC 29240
Phone:(###) ###-####
Toll-Free 1-***-***-****
TDD:(###) ###-####
E-mail:***@******.***
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.