Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I work school district in new jersey, do I qualify

Customer Question

I work for a school
district in new jersey, do I qualify for leave
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I work for a school district in new jersey, do I qualify for family leave to take care of myself as I have a broken hip, I have used all of my sick time andf vacation time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: It depends. To be eligible for Family and Medical Leave Act ("FMLA") benefits, an employee must:
• work for a covered employer;
• have worked for the employer for a total of 12 months;
• have worked at least 1,250 hours over the previous 12 months; and
• work at a location in the United States or in any territory or possession of the United States where at least 50 employees are employed by the employer within 75 miles
http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/finalrule/NonMilitaryFAQs.pdf
Under FMLA, all government employers and private sector employers with 50 or more workers must grant their eligible employees up to a total of 12 workweeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period for one or more of the following reasons:
• for the birth and care of the newborn child of the employee;
• for placement with the employee of a son or daughter for adoption or foster care;
• to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition; or
• to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.
is there any pay available under this act, I read about 599.00 max payment for six of the twelve weeks
Response: The leave is without pay.