Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
18572087

I am waiting on a revised severance letter but my signature

Customer Question

i am waiting on a revised severance letter but my signature on the previous one is requires 7/17/15. last response was yesterday. not sure what to do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. Could you kindly explain the situation a bit more? I would then be most happy to assist you directly, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was dismissed, for no cause, after finishing a large project. They offered severance, i countered, they agreed, i countered again requesting letters of reference. tomorrow is the final day i can sign the first counter offer, only 1 response to the second, stating they would take it under advisement
Oh, I see. How long was the length of time given for the counter-proposal? And their agreement, was it in writing or via text/email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was dismissed 6/26/15, the length was 21 days to sign the 2nd offer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
their agreement was in writing for the counter, in writing for the 2nd counter, not agreement, just acknowledgment
Hi, That means that the second offer is still valid, specifically your first counter. And if you do not sign it, they would be free to revoke it. You can argue that by accepting the first counter they are bound by the terms, including the period of time under which you need to sign, but as they never agreed to the second re-write, that contract is NOT valid, and is not binding, so you may either demand their reply tomorrow, or sign the first counter to be safe. Sincerely,Dimitry, Esq.