Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was being overpaid last fall which I did alert them to after

Customer Question

I was being overpaid last fall which I did alert them to after the first paycheck. My manager in February of this year told me that I was being overpaid and was going to start taking money out of my paychecks for what I was overpaid. I do not know how much I owe, how much I have paid them back and taken whatever amount out that they wanted which is not fair. We came to a compromise because I was falling and still having financial strife because of this. I was never told how much I owe, and I do not know how much I have paid back. It is not on my paystubs. I was told by my manage that she was not going to make me pay it all back but that was "between her and I" because it was their mistake not mine. I asked last month for something in writing but have not gotten anywhere with that. At this point, I may not have this job. A meeting was to occur Wed. am. I sent an email letting them know that I was not going to sign anything or ask or answer any questions without seeking legal advice.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardDo you have any of the pay check stubs from when this first began or any way that you can recall how much you were overpaid when you first noticed?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
And how much less is your current pay check ?And there is no indication on the paycheck stub showing how much they are taking?How much do you make an hour?