Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator
12711280

I was a 1099 employee with a contract that said I would be

Customer Question

I was a 1099 employee with a contract that said I would be paid on the 15th and 30th of each month every check that I got was 2 to 9 days late. When I ask for the check they owed me on the 30th of june I was told they were not going to pay me until the 15th of july at that point I gave them my resignation and told them I would not be back now they are not even answering my phone calls I need my money what can I do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
You first need to place them on legal notice of your claim. You can do this with a certified letter with a return receipt in which you reference the situation and demand immediate payment. You can develop a simple invoice and attach it as an exhibit as to how much you are owed. Tell them if you do not receive payment within three business days of the post mark on the letter, you will be forced to take legal action. If they do not pay you, you can take them to small claims court to get paid, if the amount is under $7500. Small Claims Court in Nevada is called Justice Court. Let me know if you have any other questions. Please rate my answer positively as well. Best wishes going forward!
You have any other questions? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks