Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

After 8 years of service my gratuity was settled on the lower

Customer Question

After 8 years of service my gratuity was settled on the lower basic salary at that period of time, however my service continued for another 17 years. What would be the number of years that will be used to calculate my gratuity?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your gratuity in the UAE would be based on your average wages over the years and the number of years in service. If you received your gratuity after 8 years already for that term end and you started again for another 17 years, you would get your gratuity on the 17 years, not on the additional 8 years you were already paid for (even though it was at a lower rate).