Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am xxxxxxxx. I have been fired by a school system in

Customer Question

I am xxxxxxxxxxx. I have been fired by a school system in lllinois where a high school boy charged into me, lifted me off my feet, carried me on his back into the hall way and released my arm; being freed I landed on my feet. The next day he filed a police report against me and the School board had a councel and fired me without asking me any questions as to my story in the situation. The DCFS has now ruled that I was not the aggressor but he was. What is my position to regain my teaching and clear my name?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am xxxxxxxxx. I have been fired by a school system in lllinois where a high school boy charged into me, lifted me off my feet, carried me on his back into the hall way and released my arm; being freed I landed on my feet. The next day he filed a police report against me and the School board had a councel and fired me without asking me any questions as to my story in the situation. The DCFS has now ruled that I was not the aggressor but he was. What is my position to regain my teaching and clear my name?
Response: You have a strong case. First, have the Police charged him with making false report? If not, you need to press the Police on that. Second, if you are part of a Union, you need to get your Union to demand that the school reinstate you immediately. If you do not have a Union, then you need to retain the services of a local Attorney who handles labor and employment issues to assist you, to make the demand and if necessary to file lawsuit against the school for wrongful termination.
You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:
http://www.lawyers.com
http://www.justia.com