Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My daughter is a CNA at a local hospital. A male nurse grabbed

Customer Question

My daughter is a CNA at a local hospital. A male nurse grabbed her ass twice. She was with a patient the first time and the second time was at the nurses station. She had gone to her supervisor which stated that she would take care of the problem but then processed to say that my daughter handled it wrong and that these things will happen to her because she is a pretty girl. There was another person in the room when these statements were made. My daughter asked not to be working with him however, she was the one who had to change her units if they were scheduled together. My daughter went to HR with another nurse to let them know what had happen with this fellow nurse. HR stated they didn't know anything about it. The nurse that had gone in with my daughter report that this male nurse had taken pictures of her underwear and was showing it to fellow employees. My daughter ended up going to a doctor due to the stress of having to work in this enviroment for stress and she left the unit that she has worked at for over 4 years because there were no changes.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. I am so sorry to hear about what your daughter has gone through. Did you have a specific legal question that you would like addressed? What exactly is it that you would like to know?
I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.