Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My boss says he don't have to pay me overtime because he has

Customer Question

My boss says he don't have to pay me overtime because he has less then 10 employees and he deducts hours out of my check for stupid reasons
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.
The number of employees at a company has no impact on the company's obligation to pay overtime for hours worked in excess of 40 per week. Moreover, employees are entitled to be paid for all time during which they are under the control of their employer. Employers cannot "deduct hours" for any reason.
If your employer is not paying you overtime, and/or they are deducting hours from your paychecks, your recourse is to file a complaint with the Illinois Department of Labor. See here for more information: http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/small_claims/
I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.
Hello again, I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get paid for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator. In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.Very best wishes.