Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
18572087

I have been asked if I would be willing to sign an employment

Customer Question

I have been asked if I would be willing to sign an employment contract. I was told sometimes the owner feels he needs these, so that people won't try to hurt the company. I have specialized skills that no one else has and I was just asked to attend a senior management retreat to discuss growing the company, can these to things be related? What should I expect?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. Honestly these two events do not appear to be directly related. An employment contract is generally something that requires you to work for a set period of time (if it is periodic in nature), or it may have clauses barring competition, solicitation, or requiring confidentiality at time of termination. Ultimately a retreat to discuss the company may likely be based on 'confidentiality' and that is probably what this contract will be stressing. Just review the terms to make sure that they aren't unduly restrictive in nature. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very good
Thank you and please let me know if I can ever assist you again!
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.