Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator
12711280

Ray,My name is ***** ***** I received a letter of counseling with a

Customer Question

Hi Ray,
My name is ***** ***** I received a letter of counseling with a written warning after receiving an email counseling for the same statement after I responded to the email. This reprimand is completely out of context. How do I proceed?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Frances, I saw that you asked a question several days ago and that it has not been responded to by your requested expert. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of employment law experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. If you want to proceed with me and don't mind answering a few questions, I think we can get you headed in the right direction. First of all, are you employed at will or do you have an contract? Are you a union member? Does your employer have an employee handbook or policy and procedure manual? If so, does it address grievances relative to discipline at all? I look forward to working with you on this matter. Thanks!
Frances, just checking in on you. I look forward to working with you on this matter.