How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19777
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked Fleet services in Aurora. I gave my, 2

Customer Question

I worked for Western Fleet services in Aurora. I gave my, 2 week notice around the 17th of May. I was moving back to St.louis area. I gave my Change of address on the 28th and made sure I had given the correct address on the 29th to my boss on the 29th. I text it to him. I have the date and time. I never received it.
I called and texted Kevin. Asked if they sent it. Never herd back. I left text and called. They said they mailed it to my old Address. It never came, or was it ever forwarded to my new address. I called my old post office in Westminster, It was not in my old box.
I did all needed to change my address. At the post office everything.
I was supposed to be paid on June 1st. Nothing. I keep calling to find out if it had been returned. They gave me James Extension. The Payroll guy. he said he would find out and get back to me. He didn't. I called and spoke to him again. He now says it is a payroll service problem. I have gotten no check. They told me they would let me know when they mail it. I asked if they would do that. It is a check for about 2 and half weeks pay.
I think they have an issue with me. I am gay. Not flamboyant in anyway. That is very personal and private. The job I did when there was outstanding, That is what I was told.
I am asuming this may be why. I need that money.
What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question and I am sorry to read about your situation. You have a couple of options. The first, which is free and should not require you to return to Colorado, is to file a wage claim with the State of Colorado. You can find the forms, and more information, that you will need by going to the following link: could, if you prefer, file a small claims court suit in the County where you worked against the employer to get your money back. The process if fairly simple but does generally require that you travel back to Colorado to do that.Under the law, you should have been paid by the payday following your last day of work.Please feel free to ask for clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 10th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (in the pop up box for this question, which is how we get credit (paid) for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at:
Thank you.

Related Employment Law Questions