Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

Can I collect unemployment in NJ if I was fired

Customer Question

Can I collect unemployment in NJ if I was fired for repeatedly being late after multiple write ups? I had asked to go part time in an email, which he replied that he would help me go part time, but then bullied me out of it and continued to write me up.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to provide an honest and accurate answer to your question.
If you have the emails proof to refute a claim by the employer that you terminated for misconduct then you should be able to qualify for unemployment, assuming that you are otherwise eligible.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.