Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

In the state of Nevada (Las Vegas), During September 2014,

Customer Question

In the state of Nevada (Las Vegas), During September 2014, while three (3) years employed as a model employee, I was terminated by my former employer for "Misconduct". I was told by my Manager that my action(s) were captured on Video Surveillance. I was denied an opportunity to view this footage or given a copy upon my numerous requests. I was accused of not following company protocols during a "cash refund" transaction for a customer. I was very adamant that I did not perform the required two (2) part transaction alone. In fact, it was a different employee whom at the time was off duty and not on the clock, who used my personal "computer access pin/password" (without my permission or knowledge at the time) to begin & complete part one of that transaction in question. This person was never questioned about this incident at all. When I was told that the incident was captured video, I immediately requested to see that footage so that I may explain in detail the events that occurred, i was denied. To date, I have not seen any footage or believe that there is any video footage at all. Here are my questions:
1. In Nevada, can an employer withhold video surveillance (no audio) from an employee as it relates or adversely impacts their reason(s) of termination?
2. During my employment & prior to this incident, there was no company policy about video surveillance of employees. I discovered later that a new policy had been created and circulated company wide addressing this topic. Was this Video taping without my knowledge or consent lawfully permitted by my employer and more importantly, is a lawful tool which my employer could use to intimidate, coarse, or use as an excuse to terminate with?
3. Lastly, without a doubt, I know I was wrongfully interrogated, wrongfully accused, and later wrongfully terminated. Are there Pro Bono attorneys out there that specialize in these types of cases? If so, may I please have their contact info.
Warmest regards. ***@******.***
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.
After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter private contact info"? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doug
Sincerest apologizes as I am new to this site and the services it provides. Regretabally, I was not prepared nor am I able to afford the required fee at this time. I firgured a phone call may simplify this situation for the reader. I am a bit timid tredding these new waters right now & totally clueless on what step to take now.
Warmest regards,