Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have a doctor who have send an email letter to another doctor

Customer Question

I have a doctor who have send an email letter to another doctor with his diagnosis and what he think about my condition. I was never asked if my information can be shared. I was never referred to the physician is this a violation of the my personal medical record?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about this unauthorized disclosure. What medical information was shared and for what purpose? Also, what are you seeking to accomplish here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He shared his diagnosis with another physician, however I wasn't aware of what he was communicating to the other doctor. I think I have a case of negligence I have loss 50% of my vision in one eye since I started seeing this doctor in 3012. I discovered the vision when I was fitted for glasses in 2014
Thank you. ***** am unclear what this negligence has to do with your concern about the doctor sharing your diagnosis. Is there a connection?
Also, can you please answer the questions I asked above? Specifically, I need you to answer:
- What medical information was shared and for what purpose?
- What are you seeking to accomplish here?
Thanks again.