Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was the food and beverage director New York I resigned

Customer Question

I was the food and beverage director for Saks New York I resigned after 6 months because of no training. Staff was told I resigned because I was an alcoholic. Also had medical benefits canceled without given any other options. Signed a employee handbook when signed on that said we had a open door policy to talk to upper mgmnt when trying to talk to upper mgmnt I was told to stop talking to them and only speak to corporate office. When trying to speak to them they did not respond I left June 16 and still have not received paper work for cobra they paid me $3500 to move there but it cost me $8,300 to move there and I had to move back to Florida and cost me another $3,200. They have been of no help. Can you help me?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information, can you clarify what it is you need help with. Are you wanting to know what the law says about the deadline for COBRA notification or what? What does the moving information have to do with your question? Are you saying they are asking for reimbursement and if so did you sign something that said you had to reimburse them if you didn't stay a certain period of time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they are slandering my name and reputation I have built my career and they are not answering me even though we have an open door policy and they are slandering my name!
Thank you for your reply, however, it was not responsive to my questions. I will opt out and perhaps another Expert can flesh out your facts and questions more effectively. No need to respond. Someone will let you know when they are working on your question.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information on the Defamation of character issue.Do you have witnesses who were told first hand by the employer that you quit because you are an alcoholic?