Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I have a small business. One of the employees conduct was

Customer Question

I have a small business. One of the employees conduct was unprofessional and being critical of the operation to my guests. He was unresponsive when I talked to him and continued the behavior. I had to let him go he said there were no hard feelings as this was not for him. Now he continues to harrass with emails and has contacted these guests and spreading lies. He will not leave the business alone. He seems to want to destroy for no reason. Thanks
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI suggest that you have a possible criminal harassment, as well as a defamation case. I suggest that you write this former employee and tell him that he is not to be contacting your business or guests in anyway shape or form. That he must immediately cease and desist the contact because it is annoying, harassing and defamatory. Tell him that if he continues to make such contacts that you will have no option but to file criminal harassment charges, seek a restraining order and sue him for the defamation of your character and business. If you have an address for him, that letter should be mailed certified with a return receipt requested. Otherwise send it to him via an email. A letter of this nature always has more impact coming from a local attorney on their letterhead. So you might consider having a local attorney write a Cease and Desist letter to him.Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you