Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was recently terminated from my job slight medical

Customer Question

I was recently terminated from my job for a slight medical reason, but the real reason I want help I was accused of bringing fleas into the office because I have three dogs and a horse(horses don't have fleas. When I was accused of this by the owner instead of in private he gather the entire office staff on and stated the flease were my fault because I had the three dogs and a horse(horse is boarded out). Mt dogs have never been in that office his sales rep has had her dogs in the office several times the vp of the company (which is the owners daughter) has had her dog or dogs in office from time to time. The gentleman who sat on the other dise of me had 2 dogs one died now has one left which is a medium haired dog. Yet I was the only one singled out. This man also nstated my health issued were "bull shit" and I was to sit there and to take his verbal abuse. I have had open heart surgy at National Heart LUng and Blood institute, division of NIH I am now type 2 dibectice one of the side affects of this my midday medication can make me drowsey and they claim that is why I was being terminated. Thats a health issue the vp oldest son is a type one and possibly is or will suffer from same side affects. Both of these the harasment over the aninals and the dibetic as health issuse . They cannot do. Is there anyone in your office he could or will PLEASE help me. This is wrong....
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
Please note:
1) JustAnswer experts cannot represent customers as clients;
2) Nor can we refer you to specific attorneys because of ethical considerations.
I can help you find someone using a third party referral service. I can also possibly provide some links to low cost / pro bono counsel in the state.
Also, I can explain what rights someone in your situation may have in such a situation. Would this be acceptable?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.