How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 113507
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company is an after school provider, located in California

Customer Question

My company is an after school provider, located in California with less than 50 employees, due to lack of business we have to shut down the business, there is no compensation owed to employees. We are thinking that we only need to send a letter to employees notifying them of the company's decision. Right?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You legally do not have to send out a letter under law, you can simply call them or send text messages notifying them, but the moral and ethical thing to do is send them a letter explaining that the business is closing and there will be no further employment.
You also need to submit your dissolution to the secretary of state to close up your business and properly wind it up as well.

Related Employment Law Questions