Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have been terminated after eight years at one job because

Customer Question

I have been terminated after eight years at one job because the owner felt I took took tolong moving her purse out of the way in order to get through our tight office. We have a camera in office it shows nothing except the amount of time purse was moved. She has basically accused me of getting in purse.. camera shows nothing. She has asked me to tell no one. I was so humiliated in front of her , her husband and their son I peed on myself. She sent me home to change , tried to call me and have me not come back to complete my shift. I did not get message. I returned and completed five hour serving shift under complete duress . After restaurant closed she fired me be cause she feels the tape that showed purse was moved so I could get notepads in office was enough evidence to warrent firing me. This has been an on going embarrassment from her and I am at a loss as to what my rights are. I am scheduled for surgery in one week and she already has me replaced. Do I have any rights in this matter? Thank you in advance Rita Strawn. I am a food server to y r andreas keller restaurant in Leavenworth wa.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, Rita. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. If I may ask, how many employees are there in this business? How old are you, are you over 40? You mentioned a medical procedure of some kind, what exactly is that issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are three women over 40. I am having both my ovaries removed due to cyst on one. No proof caused by job but I work an average of 8 to 10 hours a day on concrete floor. I have been told this does not help the medical matter I am experiencing. My boss has been embarrassing me more than usually late and also brought up a situation last night when firing me that I had stayed later than usual one night with a visiting friend of mine with her forgetting that she had asked me to stay until the plumber was all done with his work which I did. I don't even drink so it want as if we were closing the bar down. She called it a second stick against me. She played me off two years ago f I r two weeks for retaining an inappropriate tip of four dollars to her sister. I feel there has been many times she wanted me out of there but had no legitimate reason nor wanted to pay unemployment to me. I am at a loss as to what my recourse to do is.
Hi, Are you over 40 yourself? Also, how many employees, approximately, does she have?
Hi, I do apologize but I do not communicate via phone. If you wish, I can discuss this via Skype as an additional service provided that you agree that I cannot act as counsel and that our conversation does not create any attorney/client relationship. Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iwouldrather talk in person I just have limited funds. How much can I expect to spend?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't Skype well. Is it the same amount. Do you recommend that I find an attorney to talk to in person. I have no idea how much I have already serpent. I. Am sorry. I. Am desperate and don't know what to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you foryour time but am not getting anywhere here. So I will just end this now. I have no job and no idea how much this is all costing me. Can you suggest what type of lawyer I might contact tomorrow and get some legal advice.Thank you.
Hi, We cannot do in-person here but as far as costs for talking to an attorney, you are looking at a consultation from about $150 to $250. I say 'consultation' because most who advertise a 'free' 30 minute consult generally spend that time telling you to retain them and ensure that the information provided is of minimal use. Honestly I can help you here (I am not trying to 'sell' myself, merely based on your facts I can likely give you a good direction) but I can simply post a written response instead. If you are seeking an attorney I would suggest looking for an employment attorney in your area who can assist you.Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dimitri I would lo e your help I just have no idea how much I am paying g or how to switch to Skye. Is Skype 52.00 for howeve long we are on
Hi, Skype is an additional fee. I would list the amount for about 30 minutes of time, and I fully expect that for that period of time I will answer all of your questions. But I do not wish to push you into it, if you wish, we can absolutely communicate directly tonight (although I must be honest and state that I will likely be logging off shortly because it is quite late here). Please advise, and if that works I will send you an additional service request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry my spelling is trying to do seattle fast. . I just need to know if I should try and switch to Skype. Why do they keep telling me your phone call is being processed? If you don't talk?
Ma'am,
That is up to you as far as switch. As far phone calls, I do not know, as I do not engage in that option.