Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

Dwayne, As a part of what I believe I am owed through my

Customer Question

Dwayne, As a part of what I believe I am owed through my employment agreement (ownership of part of the company), I have included in my Petition a statement that if the jury awards me partial ownership of the company, the Court should rule that I am owed
that percentage of profits (5%) in the future. Is this appropriate or how should I try to compel the reluctant Defendant to pay me what is due in the future? Chris
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
I don't think that is something that can be ordered. The court can only award past damages and future damages but not something like a percentage of profits in the future. Owning a percentage of the company entitled you to a % of the profits and if they don't pay then it would be a cause of action for another lawsuit.