Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
18572087

I have a very interesting question i do not make much money

Customer Question

i have a very interesting question i do not make much money but i work for a company i make 13 dollars an hour and i geet vacation benifits but yet when i do take my vacation they only pay mee about 7.00 per hour for my vacation time is this legal??
i found out the pay the salaried managers there regular pay on vaction they dont cut them
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and thank you kindly for requesting me to assist you with your concerns.
To answer directly, if you take vacation, you are entitled to exactly the same wage as when you are working, not a half-wage or other derivative. Unless you are being paid in 'bonuses', the wage you get paid during regular time is the same wage you are entitled to when you take vacation.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so what they are doing is plain against the law and labor board rules they paid me at 7.70 per hour for my vaction time

Yes, that is correct. I would suggest you first contact HR and payroll to see if this was an error as you should typically give them a chance to right this error. If they stand by it, report it to your state's Dept of Labor and pursue them for wage violations directly. You can also take them to small claims for the amount they did not pay you under the circumstances.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.